2012 Omnibus Available!
The 2012 AHA Omnibus is now available online. See the information for Youth Nationals, Canadian Nationals, Sport Horse Nationals, and U.S. Nationals. Go to http://www.arabianhorses.org/competitions/nationalevents/ and select the appropriate National Show to view that particular section of the Omnibus. Hard copies of the Omnibus will begin hitting mailboxes this week.
Entry closing dates are listed below for each National Show, mark your calendars!
* June 6th - Youth Nationals
* June 29th - Canadian Nationals
* August 6th - Sport Horse Nationals
* August 24th - U.S. Nationals
Ready to enter today? Fax your entry! AHA will accept faxed entries if accompanied by a cover sheet that lists the horses being entered and total payment. All pertinent information must be faxed along with entry forms, including verification of qualification forms, registration papers, copies of membership cards, and stall request forms. Payment must be submitted at the time entries are submitted! Fax entries to 303-696-4599, Attention: (Enter National Show Name)
Online entries will be available soon.
Revised Schedules Available
There are currently revised schedules available for Youth Nationals and Sport Horse Nationals.
The tentative schedule dates listed in the 2012 Omnibus for Sport Horse and Youth Nationals are incorrect.
Any future schedule or prize list updates can be located on each of the National Shows home pages under Forms and Information. Please check back regularly for important show updates.
Youth National Host Hotel
The 2012 Youth National Championship Horse show is just around the corner! Please book your rooms at our host hotel, The Albuquerque Marriott. Make use of the room block that AHA has guaranteed with the Albuquerque Marriott.
To make a reservation by phone, call 1-800-228-9290 and be sure to ask for the Arabian Horse Association Youth Nationals group rate, for a guaranteed lower rate of $107.00. Thank You!
Reasons You Should Book Your Room within AHA's Hotel Block:
1. When you stay within our block, you help AHA! Did you know if you book outside of the block, AHA gets hit with hefty attrition fees? If we do not fulfill our contractual obligations with these hotels, AHA is required to pay significant financial penalties. Please help us continue to give you the best possible professional development by helping us. Make your reservations at the Official Youth Nationals Host Hotel: Albuquerque Marriott.
2. Our official hotel is AHA endorsed and inspected.
3. Greater networking opportunities with your fellow AHA members exist in the official hotel.
4. Reservations within the block are protected.
5. Housing representatives are available for on-site assistance at the official host hotel.
6. Friendly Booking Terms: No change fees. No full prepayment.
7. AHA Discount guaranteed rates.
8. Easy to modify or cancel reservations
There are several ways to qualify for Regionals and Nationals! A
* In addition to points, you can now qualify for Regionals by obtaining a first or second place at an AHA Recognized local show.
* Remember, when qualifying for an Amateur (AT) or Amateur Owner (AO) class, you cannot use points and/or a first or second place obtained by a Professional. To compete in an AT class, an Amateur must have obtained the qualifications and in an AO class, the Amateur Owner must have obtained the qualifications. You may use AT and AO qualifications for an Open class. AO horses must have their owners listed as the "Recorded" owner on the front of the Certificate of Registration. If your transfer has not been completed or you currently have a lease on the horse, you are ineligible to compete in an AO class.
* Once again, qualifications for Yearlings and 2 year-olds will be waived for 2012 at the National Shows. Regional Sweepstakes Yearling classes will still have the requirement that all contestants must be Breeding Entries in order to compete in these classes.
* Qualifications have been waived for 2012 in the Arabian and Half-Arabian/Anglo-Arabian Junior Horse Cutting classes at the U.S. Nationals.
* Qualifications have been waived for 2012 and 2013 for the Arabian and Half-Arabian/Anglo-Arabian Reined Cow Limited JTR classes at Youth Nationals.
* Any 6 year old Arabian and 6 year old Half-Arabian/Anglo-Arabian horses entered into the Country English Pleasure Maturity AAOTR or English Pleasure Maturity AAOTR will be allowed to cross enter into the open corresponding class at U.S. Nationals, provided they are qualified for the open class.
A new rule was passed which states, if qualifications for National classes are waived, qualifications for that same Regional class will also be waived. Please refer to COMP 1201.10 in the 2012 AHA Handbook.
Top of Page