The New Year is here and along with it, we've provided a suggested maintenance checklist to protect your diesel and ensure it will function for you without complications throughout the year.
· Cooling system looked over and fluid tested every 30,000 miles, with necessary services (NOTE: 6.0L and 6.4L Fords may need coolant PH levels checked every oil change to help prevent engine oil cooler failure. Ph levels in your cooling system may differ, depending on the trucks usage.) 6.7L Ford and Dodge owners there is no PH to worry about, but a coolant flush at 30k will do wonders for the life of your cooling system.
· Oil changes every 5,000 miles (Air filters checked every oil change)
· Fuel filters every 15,000 miles
· DEF topped off and ready to start the New Year strong!
· Transfer case every 30,000 miles
· Transmission services every 30,000 miles
· Power steering system fluid checked and flushed every 30,000 miles
· Front & Rear differential fluids checked every 60,000 miles
· Brake fluid tested and flushed, services vary but based on every 60,000 to 100,000 miles and vehicle usage
· Perform brake system fluid service every 60,000 miles
· Check belts and hoses at 100,000 miles
Don’t believe the manufacturer when they say you don’t have to “touch your truck”. The better you maintain your truck, the longer it will last and the more reliable it will be.
Let Strictly Diesel help you! 623-582-4404 www.strictlydiesel.com